Hello All,
So basically the last week has been spent getting back into the swing of things with school and handing in paper parts for my MWI course. Unfortunately I did not get into my internship office due to a lack of time, availability and a trip to NYC. This week I am looking forward to getting through one of the two last big boxes that is filled to the breaking point with articles from the early years of the IPNC. I don't know if they are going to all fit in my organization system right now, I may have to give them their own little home of organizing. I am looking forward to it though since most of what I have been going through before the break has been mostly administrative and taxation forms and such-you know the stuff the public really wants to read about in an exhibit.
This week I will be tackling those boxes and will have them finished and organized by NEXT WEEK! I will do this. I will do this. I will do this!!! I want to get it done ASAP because I then need to go through all the articles with Whitney and decide what is important to her to the exhibit and what will just be scanned into the online repository for future wine inquirers. Which brings me to my next reason for wanting it to get done-scanning. I have been told that I could have some spiffy helpers to scan all these documents and pictures and such into the computer to be put up online for printing and research. This will make it easier when it comes time to make copies or digitally install documents onto text panels in the exhibit.
I am really looking forward to going through all the pictures. I like pictures and I feel that they really tell a story so much better in an exhibit than text-and if you are one of the seldom few who likes to read excessively at museums then I am sorry. There is, though, an entertainment factor to museum exhibits that is absolutely necessary and the IPNC has so many pictures so I cant wait to include them to tell the story and make it more engaging. Along those lines I have also been playing with my design idea and am eagerly anticipating my own end result since I have never done anything like what I am planning and am eager to see how it works out (fingers crossed).
Finally there is a meeting on Thursday to discuss the video work that is going to be done. It is kind of like a two video project wherein Linfield is doing one with interviews of IPNC founders and then there is a really artsy documentary being done by some California pros (at least this is how I understand it). It seems like all kinds of pros are getting in on this video project. This either means that they really liked my solo video recording and editing work and were inspired by it or they thought that it was really bad and had to do something better. Either way I am sorry to those who saw my stuff and applaud anything you all can do. I can't wait to see that end result. Things are definitely winding down quickly.
Cheers!
oh and feel to check out www.ipnc.org its an awesome site!
No comments:
Post a Comment