Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Capstone Project Beginnings

On Friday of last week, I met with a member of Lunabean and members of the DHWA (Dundee Hills Wine Association) to discuss what my job will be for my capstone project. We determined that I'll help the DHWA members communicate and send content to Lunabean so they can help increase awareness of the association and members to followers on Twitter and Facebook. That way, more people will come out and do wine tastings, which equals bigger profits. Before I met with everyone, I stopped by Stoller and DePonte Cellars to get to know the employees and to taste their wines. It was an interesting experience, and I enjoyed meeting the people I'll be working with in the future. I started off the project by going on Facebook and Twitter and making up a list of the members who had accounts, and how many 'likes' or 'followings' they had. After the Passport Tour in 2 weeks, I'll go back and recount to see if the advertising worked and more people like the wineries in their social media lives. I also worked in the tasting room on Saturday, which I hadn't done since Valentine's Day weekend. It was a very busy day, with several groups coming through. I enjoyed communicating with the customers, and many who had never been there before were surprised at the quality of the wines and the impressive view seen from the building of the valley. I even got three people to sign up to be club members, which elicited a great feeling of satisfaction for me. I'll be working next Sunday, April 10th, when we'll be releasing our newest Pinot called Chemeketa after the community college.

No comments:

Post a Comment