Have you ever heard about the sharing exercise that the Obamas do when they sit down at the dinner table each night? According to Mrs. Obama, each member of the family shares the "rose" and the "thorn" of their day. Well, I think that's kind of a cool idea, so I'm going to share my roses and thorns of the last ten days with you all. Hopefully it will help me reflect on my progress and appreciate the small victories of my project thus far.
Rose: The woman at the Yamhill County Assessor's office and the woman at the County Clerk's office were both very friendly and helpful when I came to them looking for assistance.
Thorn: The documents available to me at those offices did not provide me with any new and wonderful information. I thus far have only been able to track the building back to its purchase by the Letts.
Rose: Another business in the McMinnville downtown area, Buchanan Cellars, is also working to get their building on the National Register of Historic Places. I am hoping to get in contact with the woman in charge of that project to pick her brain on how she has gone about completeing all the paperwork and documenting the history.
Thorn: I haven't been able to get a hold of her yet.
Rose: McMinnville has its own "inventory" or list of historically significant places. I've drafted a request for the Eyrie building to be included on that list, and hopefully that will be a step in the right direction to achieving recognition for this important building.
Thorn: I've yet to get Jason's approval on it before I send it in to the committee.
All in all, I am making slow but steady progress. I wish I could say I was farther along, but I am committed to completeing as much of this process as possible for Jason, so I'm going to keep chugging along. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...
No comments:
Post a Comment