This week has been pretty interesting. I finally have managed to find my way into the newspaper articles and such from the early years of the IPNC and they are very interesting and I think will add something to the exhibit that I am really looking forward to. So because the end of sorting is drawing near the digitizing process is drawing nearer and it is encroaching fast. There are countless wonderful photos to sort through still and convert from slides to photographs for printing. The process of scanning will be interesting as we are bringing on two other students to help sort through and upload all the data. Currently we are working on documentation for the borrowed artifacts and photographs as well as forms granting permission for using the items in the exhibit for the IPNC.
As you can probably tell it’s a bit of a slow process, but is now really starting to pick up and I am so ready for this to happen. I will get really excited when I get to do a walkthrough of the possible venues and finally decide how all the wonderful history will be displayed.
I have spent a lot of time looking at the IPNC website and I encourage you all to check it out so that you have something to look forward to going to one day when we have $1000+ to drop for what I am sure is an absolutely fabulous weekend. (I will let you know since I get to work at the event in and around the exhibit and get thrown the occasional scrap of smoked salmon). Anyway that’s it for now. As usual I will keep you posted as this already interesting venture gets more energetic!
Sláinte!
No comments:
Post a Comment