Monday, March 14, 2011

Week Before Break

So SIP! Food & Wine Classic went well at Evergreen this weekend, it wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, but it was a fun experience and thankfully well controlled so we didn't have to deal with any people who had consumed too much. I even ran into a few people I know so that was fun.

I networked with other vendors, like the part owner of Zenas Winery out of Carlton; events like Sip are great for meeting other people in the industry who can provide part time jobs and valuable insight to help me get ahead in my early career hunting.

On Thursday, I plan on accompanying my boss to an industry tasting at White Rose, a vineyard very close to Vista Hills. They're releasing a new wine, and we get the privilege to taste it before it is released to the public.

Starting in April, I'll be working more weekends in the Tasting Room, which is a fun way to get to know customers, especially club members who stop by frequently to chat and taste our newest wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment