Hi, my name is Karly Osten and I am a Senior obtaining a marketing degree. I've had my internship at Vista Hills since September, and I absolutely love it! I got to test the grapes to check for ripeness, help with the insanely busy harvest season, and frequently work in the tasting room serving customers.
This weekend, I'll be working at SIP, which is taking place at Evergreen Aviation Museum. There will be several food, craft, and wine vendors, and I will help my boss with wine tastings and sales of our wine. I'm looking forward to this experience, and expect to learn a lot from being around all of the other wine vendors as well.
I would love to stay in the wine business and have a career in the industry, and I plan on continuing to work at Vista Hills part time this summer after I graduate. It's a truly fascinating industry, especially here in the Willamette Valley. There are so many vineyards here, and more keep popping up. I also love to network with the customers; it's greatly helped me get contacts and informational interviews!
No comments:
Post a Comment