Tuesday, March 15, 2011

IPNC Documentary

Hey all! My name is Nic Miles. I am a sophomore at Linfield College and I am studying mass communication. I was fortunate enough to recently receive a Kemper internship for my work with Dr. Michael Huntsberger in the mass communication department.


We will be spending the next five months working on a collaborative research project, creating a full-length documentary on the history of the annual International Pinot Noir Celebration. The 25-year-old celebration has been held at Linfield every summer. 


Last Friday, March 11th, I met with Dr. Huntsberger, Dr. Peterson, Whitney Gauger from the IPNC office in McMinnville, and Barrett Dahl. We discussed a basic layout for the documentary, as well as a general time line. 

The meeting got me fired up about what is to come. This documentary project will give a chance to develop my technical skills in the most professional setting I have encountered. 

This Thursday I am meeting with Dr. Huntsberger to begin looking through the digital materials that were gathered last summer for the project. Hopefully there will be some footage or interviews that we can use in the documentary! 

No comments:

Post a Comment