Monday, March 7, 2011

The Details of Dulce's Internship

Hello All!

My name is Dulce Kersting and I am a senior history major at Linfield. I am one of the lucky students who has been given the opportunity to gain first hand experience through an internship this spring. My Kemper-supported internship is with The Eyrie Vineyards, the original vineyard and winery in the north Willamette Valley. I met the owner and winemaker at Eyrie last summer while working for the Linfield Center for the Northwest and with the help of the center's director, Jeff, I was able to secure this internship. Networking is a beautiful thing!

So this spring I am working with Jason (Eyrie's owner) to begin the process of getting the winery facilities listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. Additionally, I hope to produce a concise history of the property for Jason to keep on file, and maybe also a small display of old photos and a timeline which could go up in the tasting room. I'm really looking forward to putting my historical investigatory skills to the test this spring! My career goals lie in the field of public history and I believe this will be a fantastic way to gain some experience with the challenges of practicing history outside of the halls of academia.

No comments:

Post a Comment