March 27th, 2011
Spring break seemed to pass with the blink of an eye, which means our documentary deadline is creeping closer and closer! Fortunately, I had a chance to sit down with Dr. Huntsberger on the Thursday afternoon before break to look over some of the video that had been sent up from Jay Selman. Jay has some experience shooting similar documentaries. After reviewing several of his pieces, we discussed Jay's shooting techniques and style of editing. I'm not quite sure how we can use him in the project, but that can be discussed as the summer approaches.
Dr. H and I also mulled over the issue of licensing music to be used for the documentary's soundtrack. There is only $500.00 in the budget to license music, which is nowhere near enough. So instead, Dr. H and I are considering the idea of recording the soundtrack ourselves since we are both musicians. Using our own equipment and the recording studio in the campus radio station, we would put together a simple, light soundtrack to lay down behind the film. I thought it was crazy enough to be putting together this documentary in the first place, and now I'll potentially be contributing to the soundtrack?! Awesome!
Its time that we begin to put a storyboard together for the project. A storyboard is a series of frames that illustrates the general outline of the film. It gives us an opportunity to begin piecing together the puzzle.
Dr. H and I are meeting next week to start the storyboard.
Cheers,
-Nic
No comments:
Post a Comment