Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Exciting News!

Well, I just made a very exciting discovery that could be a huge help to the on-going search for Eyrie building history. I am planning a trip to the Yamhill County Historical Society's research library next week, and the website suggested calling ahead so volunteers could prepare materials. The woman who I spoke with on the phone asked me to describe the location of the building so that she might find relevant materials, and when I told her the location she sounded very familiar with the area. I told her my end goal was to find out what was housed in the building before Eyrie, and that title transfer documents indicate that it was owned in the 1940s and 1950s by Swift and Company. The woman then absolutely made my day when she said, "Oh, yes, it certainly was. I used to work there as a secretary." Oh my goodness, if being excited about this makes me a nerd, then so be it!

I asked if the woman would be volunteering next Wednesday when I would be coming out to the library and she said yes. I can't wait to meet her and pick her brain about the building and the area! Keep your fingers crossed that this will be a fruitful adventure!

1 comment: