Thursday, May 5, 2011

And I'm off!

Hey all,

So I am really happy to report that we have moved pretty much everything over to the library and am preparing to scan. I went in this week and prepared all the files and am just praying now that the computer can hold everything, but then that is why, I suppose, why they invented CatFiles and Scratch. I attempted to begin moving files only to find out that the scanner wont cooperate with the computer. So as soon as that is situated I will finally be able to start the scanning, which I am hoping will be finished by the end of the semester (wishful thinking I know). (A picture of the pamphlets and brochures that will be on display and eventually completely scanned for researcher's use)
But things should start rolling smoothly when the two students who are on board get everything sorted out. I still have to go through all the mechanics and organization aspects of the archiving process and I am really looking forward to it as it means the artifacts, pictures, and documents will get in that much more quickly and I can spend more time on the design process.

Thats it for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment