Saturday, May 14, 2011

Slowly winding up

As the internship ends, business picks up at Vista Hills. Last weekend, we had a very successful case sale on Saturday. 3 other wineries were also present to sell their wines; Panther Creek Cellars, La Cadeau, and White Rose. It was incredibly busy the entire day, and many customers left satisfied with cases of premium Pinot Noir from the Willamette Valley. This event was open to all the club members of each winery, as well as all the people who came in to just do regular tastings. It was a great way to get everyone geared up for the busy season that is quickly approaching.

I also helped more with packing up wine member shipments and pick ups last Friday, as well as helping serve customers in the Tasting Room. It was a fairly steady day business wise, and many club members stopped in to pick up their wines. I am learning even more about the business as time goes on, and am in the process of becoming an 'official' employee, so I'll have a part time job in the tasting room after graduation. I am looking forward to learning more, and I do in fact learn more all the time while at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment