Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Handover

By Katie Paysinger
***

Hello all! Did anyone know that next week is the last week of classes? Just an FYI.

Life at the internship is going along quite well. I have really improved from where I started at the beginning of the semester in terms of how much I can do on my own and knowing what to do in the first place.

Last week was a pretty big week over at Sotto, because along with getting new project proposals under way, we were transitioning the YCAP website and Facebook page over to the staff there. I am a bit protective of the whole thing so that was a big step for me.

Part of the handover included a seminar session teaching representatives from each of YCAP’s departments how to use both sites. It may seem simple to us how to update our Facebook status, but believe me, when you have to write it out in a step-by-step instruction sheet it doesn’t look so simple anymore!

The instruction sheets took me all week leading up to the Friday meeting and the presentation went well. If anything, it made me once again realize how much YCAP needs that new building – the conference room hardly fit Krista and I with the projector!

This week we will be getting the users set up on the website, preparing for a Kiwanis Law Camp meeting this Friday where I will be representing Krista for a bit until she can get out of another meeting, and preparing a proposal for a new non-profit client Sotto is hoping to snag.

Should be exciting!

Katie 

No comments:

Post a Comment